- The TW-2 HD combines the fuel efficiency of the TW-2 and the hydraulic power and overbuilt frame of the TW-5 HD. The heavy-duty wood splitter is powered by an 8.5 HP Honda engine and 16 GPM pump that drives the hydraulic log lift and wedge lift.
- The TW-2 HD is designed so the 3-spool valve used to operate is 3' tall, right around the operator's waist. This design and the firewood splitter's economical engine allow users to work comfortably all day long.
- Setting up this heavy-duty log splitter is simple, as the splitter has a removable hitch and jack. The trailer hitch can be placed at the wedge end or back of the log splitter, so towing the portable log splitter from place to place is easy. Once the firewood splitter is in place, operators can place the jack on either side of the TW-2 HD and remove the trailer hitch so it is a safe distance from falling logs.
- This portable wood splitter can be equipped with a 4" or 5" cylinder. The 4" cylinder can complete a cycle in 8 seconds for quick production, while the 5" cylinder has 58,905 pounds of splitting force to handle large logs.
- Designed for one-man operation, the hydraulic log lift will dump blocks as heavy as 500 pounds into the self-centering splitting chamber. The wedge lift with 8" of vertical travel can be used to center the wedge with logs so they split into even halves, quarters, or sixths depending on the splitting wedge.
- To further streamline firewood production, a table grate is standard with the TW-2 HD. The 3' long table grate acts as a sorting tray and debris filter.
- The TW-2 HD has an oversized hydraulic tank, as do all Timberwolf HD Series log splitters, to ensure cool and filtered fluid all day long. Fewer breaks in production equal more split logs, and more split logs mean more profit.
Comfortable Firewood Splitting
With many log splitters on the market, operators must hunch over them in order to control the firewood machine. Not only is this inconvenient, but it is also a physical hazard and a guaranteed way to slow production.
The TW-2 HD's 3-spool valve is 3' off the ground, right around the user's waist. So, operators can operate throughout the day and head home without an aching back.
This ergonomic design is consistent with all of Timberwolf's HD Series wood splitters.
Portable Log Splitter
Both the trailer hitch and jack on the TW-2 HD gas splitter are fully removable and can be installed on either side of the heavy-duty log splitter.
The trailer hitch can be placed at the front or back of the machine. This feature is especially useful when towing the heavy-duty log splitter from a cramped area. Once the log splitter is ready for splitting, the hitch can be removed and placed away from falling split logs.
Similarly, the jack can be placed on either the right or left side of the TW-2 HD. Since the log lift is on the operator's side, users may want to place the jack on the other side of the wood splitter so it is out of the way. The TW-2 HD will still operate just as well with the jack on the operator's side of the firewood machine.
Built for One-Man Operations
With a small, economical engine, beefy frame, and high-power hydraulics, the TW-2 HD bridges the gap between personal and professional log splitters. No matter your firewood processing needs, this gas log splitter will provide everything needed and more for a single-person operation.
The hydraulic log lift is located on the operator's side of the TW-2 HD, so operators don't have to move in order to roll logs as heavy as 500 pounds into the self-centering splitting chamber. From here operators can adjust the height of the firewood splitting wedge with the hydraulic wedge lift for a perfect split.
All Day Splitting Capability
The TW-2 HD is powered by a fuel-efficient 8.5 HP engine and has an oversized hydraulic tank with internal baffles to keep hydraulic fluid cool and filtered throughout the day.
We know once you experience the ease of the TW-2 HD's operation, you won't want to stop - and you won't have to.
The TW-2 HD wood splitter can be equipped with a 4" or 5" hydraulic cylinder.
The 4" cylinder will blast through small logs with 37,700 pounds of splitting force and complete a full cycle in 8 seconds.
The 5" cylinder offers 58,905 pounds of splitting force to handle gnarly blocks and has a cycle time of 10 seconds.
Standard Table Grate
A 32" long by 34" wide table grate comes standard with the heavy-duty log splitter. The table grate not only acts as a catch pan for logs to be re-split, but it also filters fine materials from split logs so they are clean when offloaded. Essential for those looking to make a mark in the firewood industry.