- Sharing the same frame as all of our Pro-HD series firewood processors, the Pro-HD XL isn’t necessarily bigger, but it is better.
- The heart of the Pro-HD XL’s performance is a 74 HP Hatz diesel engine. The 74 HP engine powers a 3-stage Permco gear pump, which controls the splitter, saw, and auxiliary functions of the firewood processor.
- The gear pump drives a pump flow of 33 GPM to the splitter, 18 GPM to the saw, and 14 GPM to the auxiliary functions, like the live deck and optional integrated conveyor.
- With the 4” cylinder option attached, the firewood processor has a cycle time of around 3 seconds. The 5” cylinder has a cycle time closer to 5 seconds, but has the extra splitting force to split any block that will fit in the splitting chamber.
- The Pro-HD XL offers quick cycle times because of its regeneration manifold in combination with the firewood processor’s 2:1 cylinder ratio. The regen manifold drives a regeneration cycle, which is used to decrease the time it takes to extend the rod from the cylinder until it hits the workpiece. This allows a cylinder to be extended more rapidly while using the same pump flow.
- The Pro-HD XL firewood processor has a 16’ trough length but can process logs as long as 32’ because of our patented top roll clamping system and back roller.
- The top roll clamping system applies 1,000 pounds of downward pressure on logs being processed, which is enough pressure to leave a few feet of the log hanging off the back roller with full security. The back roller has an hourglass shape with teeth that engage logs, so operators can move logs back and forth for necessary feed trough adjustments.
- The firewood processor comes standard with a 3-stand live deck that can be stored vertically via a hydraulic lift. Optionally, a 5-strand live deck can be equipped. A 5-stand live deck better handles small and/or crooked logs because of the additional surface area that can support logs that may fall off or through a 3-strand live deck.
- Also, a 12’ integrated conveyor can be added to the Pro-HD XL, so you can ready your firewood for the next stage while still processing logs.
AR400 Steel Constructed Wedges
All of our firewood splitting wedges are constructed from AR400 steel, which is designed for abrasion and wear resistance. Our 4-Way, 6-Way, 8-Way, and 12-Way Wedges will still be splitting with the quality of the first split on their 10,000th split.
A 6-Way and 8-Way Wedge are shown here.
Large Hydraulic Tank
Along with a 74 HP engine, the Pro-HD XL firewood processor has a 70-gallon hydraulic tank. These features combined, allow for maximum power and fast cycle times. The size of the hydraulic tank and filler breather ensures that the contained fluid is cooled and filtered with each stroke, also equipped with internal baffles to eliminate vortices.
Regeneration Manifold Speed
Equipped to the Pro-HD XL firewood processor, the regeneration manifold drives a regeneration cycle when hydraulics move through the valve. A regeneration cycle is used to decrease the time it takes to extend the rod from the cylinder until it hits the workpiece. This allows a cylinder to be extended more rapidly while using the same pump flow.
In simpler terms, this manifold creates fast cycle times on the wood processor without using more energy.
Innovative Firewood Machinery
Our patented top roll clamping system allows operators to process 32' long logs through a 16' long feed trough. But, how?
The top roll clamping system applies 1,000 pounds of downward pressure on logs being processed, which is enough pressure to leave a few feet of the log hanging off the back roller with full security.
No more cutting down logs before processing them, just get right down to business.
Enhanced Traction on Forward-Moving Logs
The Pro-HD XL processor's hourglass-shaped back roller feeds logs toward the top roll clamping system. The back roller's teeth engage logs and can move them forward or backward for adjustments, so operators can position forward-moving logs with the top roll clamping system for a clean and quick cut.
Pump Flows For Performance
A 3-stage Permco gear pump controls various functions of the firewood processor. The first stage has a pump flow of 33 GPM and powers the splitter. The second stage has a pump flow of 18 GPM and powers the saw. The third stage controls the auxiliary functions of the Pro-HD XL wood processor, such as the conveyor, live deck, and feed trough, with a pump flow of 14 GPM. These flow rates allow for faster and more powerful operations, from the feed trough to the power saw.
Why a 5-Strand Live Deck?
Our Pro-HD series firewood processors for sale come standard with a 3-stand live deck, but that can be replaced with a 5-stand live deck.
A 5-stand live deck better handles small and/or crooked logs because of the additional surface area that can support logs that may fall off or through a 3-strand live deck.
Both live deck infeed options are moved via a hydraulic lift and can be stored vertically for transportation.
Hoses That Handle Everything and More
All Timberwolf firewood processors use Continental hoses to route the flow of hydraulic functions. We use Continental hoses because of their heavy-duty rubber construction, abrasion and kink resistance, and, most importantly, their ability to withstand high-pressure fluids.
Customer safety is a top priority for us, so we use the highest quality materials to ensure your safety.
Time-Saving Hydraulic Wedge Lift
With the Pro-HD XL's hydraulic wedge lift operators can raise and lower the firewood processor wedge from the operator's panel. This Pro-HD XL firewood processor function eliminates the need for operators to manually change the wedge height or change out the wedge altogether.
Just size up your block and watch your firewood wedge of choice split the log into uniformly sized firewood. Then do it all again, no matter the size of your block.