- The Pro-HD is made with the inconveniences of other firewood processors on the market in mind. Out of this came features like our patented top roll clamping system.
- The top roll clamping system applies 1,000 pounds of downward pressure on logs being processed, which allows the clamping system’s teeth to bite into the log and advance it forward. This eliminates the need for the 25” cut/.404 chain saw to re-engage after coming in contact with a log.
- The firewood processor's back roller allows for easier and drastically longer log processing, capable of handling 32’ long logs with a 16' trough length. The back roller is a large-toothed, hourglass-shaped roller at the end of the firewood processor, placed there to enhance the traction of forward-moving logs. This means minimal operator interference and higher-quality processed firewood.
- A 56 HP Hatz engine powers the firewood processor and drives the 3-stage Permco gear pump. The wood processor's functions are managed by the gear pump, which controls several features.
- The splitter is powered by the first stage, which delivers a pump flow of 22 GPM, while the saw is powered by the second stage, also delivering 22 GPM. The third stage oversees auxiliary functions for the Pro-HD wood processor, such as the conveyor, live deck, and feed trough, and provides a pump flow of 18 GPM.
- The 3-stage gear pump gives operators the ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time. This means that an operator can effectively handle log cutting on the feed trough while driving the push block.
- This firewood processing machine comes equipped with a 70-gallon hydraulic tank. The large tank and filler breather ensure that the contained fluid is cooled and filtered with each stroke. The hydraulic tank also has internal baffles to eliminate vortices.
- The features of the 70-gallon tank eliminate unnecessary breaks in production due to high fluid temperatures and/or unfiltered fluid, so you can keep your cord per hour output.
- When equipped with the 4” cylinder, the firewood processor has a cycle time of 5.9 seconds, and a cycle time of 9.1 seconds when equipped with the 5” cylinder.
- This firewood processor can produce such quick cycle times because of the regeneration manifold it uses, which, when combined with our 2:1 cylinder ratio, produces rapid cycle times for greater splitting quantity with the same quality.
Wedge Options for Every Operation
Choose a 4-Way, 6-Way, 8-Way, or 12-Way Wedge to equip to your firewood processor. All of our wedges measure 21" wide with a 1" thick centerpiece that will split the gnarliest logs. Split logs cleanly and quickly with any of our firewood processor wedge options.
A 4-Way Wedge is shown here.
Patented Top Roll Clamping System
Re-engaging your saw wastes time. Running the feed trough back and forth, trying to line up your log, wastes time.
We don't like wasting time, so we engineered, designed, fabricated, manufactured, and patented our top roll clamping system for firewood processors.
The top roll clamping system applies 1,000 pounds of downward pressure on logs being processed, which eliminates the need for the saw to re-engage when cutting logs. It also eliminates the need for operators to re-handle blocks, as the top roll clamping system ensures that cut logs will center themselves in the splitting chamber.
Back Roller for Longer Log Processing
The Pro-HD wood processor's back roller allows for significantly longer log processing, capable of handling 32’ long logs. This large-toothed, hourglass-shaped roller is at the end of the processor, positioned to enhance the traction of forward-moving logs. This means minimal operator interference and higher quality processed firewood.
3-Strand Live Deck with Hydraulic Lift
The Pro-HD firewood processor comes standard with a 3-strand live deck that is 8’ long. The live deck includes a full roller chain with an idler and driven sprockets, so it can guide the heaviest of logs onto the feed trough. This feature allows for a single person to process 2.5 full cords of wood in one hour. The live deck can be stored vertically for transportation.
56 HP Hatz Diesel Engine
The Pro-HD is powered by a 56 HP Hatz diesel engine. Equipped to the processor because of its long run times and consistent power, the diesel engine drives a 5.9-second cycle time when equipped with the 4" cylinder option.
Such quick cycle times can be generated because of the regeneration manifold used on the firewood processing machine, which drives a regenerative cycle, resulting in a more rapid extension of the rod while using the same pump flow.
Cool and Filtered Hydraulic Fluid
Hydraulic fluid drives powerful splitting forces, but it can also cause breaks in production when overheated, and disrupt splitting when not filtered properly.
The Pro-HD has an oversized, 70-gallon hydraulic tank that leaves plenty of room for fluid to cool and filter, which means no breaks in production, and ultimately, more profit.
Feed, Cut, Split, and Sell
A 3-stage Permco gear pump controls various features of the firewood processor. The first stage has a pump flow of 22 GPM and powers the splitter. The second stage has a pump flow of 22 GPM and powers the saw. The third stage controls the auxiliary functions of the Pro-HD wood processor, such as the conveyor, live deck, and feed trough, with a pump flow of 18 GPM.
The advantage of a 3-stage gear pump? Operators can control various functions at the same time. For instance, an operator can drive the push block while cutting a log on the feed trough.
Stop waiting on your equipment and boost your cord output with a Pro-HD firewood processor.
All Timberwolf firewood machines use Continental hoses to route the flow of hydraulic functions. We use Continental hoses because of their heavy-duty rubber construction, abrasion and kink resistance, and, most importantly, their ability to withstand high-pressure fluids.
Customer safety is a top priority for us, so we use the highest quality materials to ensure your safety.
Easy Wedge Adjustments
With the Pro-HD firewood processor's hydraulic wedge lift, operators can raise and lower the processor wedge from the operator's panel. This function eliminates the need for operators to manually change the wedge height or change out the wedge altogether.
Just size up your block and watch your wedge of choice split the log into uniformly sized firewood.