- The Alpha 5 commercial log splitter comes standardly equipped with a hydraulic log lift and hydraulic wedge lift to load and split logs with ease.
- Operators will save their backs and increase their profits with the hydraulic log lift, capable of handling logs as heavy as 500 pounds. The heavy-duty log lift, constructed out of 3/16” High Steel plate steel, can be installed on either side of the box wedge log splitter, leaving room for adjustments on projects that require specific placement of the commercial wood splitter.
- With 8” of vertical travel, the hydraulic wedge lift allows operators to raise and lower the wedge based on the size of the log they aim to split, resulting in a centered split each time.
- The auto-retract arm with a Box Wedge eliminates pesty breaks to reload unsplit logs. The floating arm pulls unsplit wood back into the splitting chamber, so you don’t have to stop operating and reload the log yourself.
- With some of our smaller log splitters, the table grate feature is an optional add-on, but this industrial log splitter comes equipped with a 40” wide by 36” long table grate, constructed from heavy gauge pipe and 3/16” plate steel.
- The 4” cylinder option has 37,700 pounds of splitting force and a cycle time of 8 seconds, resulting in a greater quantity of split and packaged firewood. The 5” cylinder option has 58,905 pounds of splitting force and a cycle time of 10 seconds, making this cylinder option ideal if you plan on splitting large logs.
- The Alpha 5 can still produce quick cycle times and high splitting power with only a 12 HP Honda engine because of the regen manifold equipped to the commercial wood splitter's hydraulics. The regen manifold drives a regenerative cycle that allows the rod to extend from the cylinder more rapidly while using the same pump flow.
- Both hydraulic cylinder options have a pump flow of 22 GPM and feature a large port which reduces the amount of backpressure, thus increasing the speed. With the increased speed of the push block, along with the innovative hydraulic features of the Alpha 5, the log splitter can output 1.5 cords per hour.
Box Wedge with Floating Auto-Retract Arm
The Box Wedge option features our innovative auto-retract arm. This arm pulls un-split logs back onto the splitting chamber, minimizing operator block re-handling. With 3 size options, this unique wedge style is designed to produce uniform-sized firewood. Sell the perfect-sized cord wood, packaged firewood, camp, and cooking wood with this box wedge log splitter.
A 40” wide by 36” long table grate, constructed from heavy gauge pipe and High Steel plate steel, comes standard with the heavy-duty log splitter. Not only does the table grate separate unwanted debris from split logs, but it also acts as a funnel, perfect for operations that use a conveyor as the next step in firewood production.
Hydraulic Log Lift
Operators will save their backs and increase their profits with the hydraulic log lift, capable of handling blocks as heavy as 500 pounds. The heavy-duty log lift, constructed out of plate steel, can be installed on either side of this commercial log splitter to match the operator's preference.
Quick Wedge Adjustments
A standard feature on our Alpha Series box wedge log splitters, the hydraulic wedge lift controls the height of the log splitting wedge with 8" of vertical range.
Controlled via the operator's panel, the wedge lift allows users to center their wedge to various log sizes without detrimental breaks in log splitting.
The Stability Needed to Split Large Logs
The Alpha 5 heavy-duty log splitter is equipped with the hydraulic power to split monster blocks and an overbuilt frame to handle large logs throughout the day.
The Alpha Series heavy-duty wood splitters have dual jacks for maximum stability, even when on rough terrain, because we know you can't bring the job site to you.
Combined with the wood splitter's 2,300-pound frame, this fast log splitter is as sturdy as any commercial firewood splitter on the market.
4" Cylinder vs. 5" Cylinder
Timberwolf's Alpha Series heavy-duty log splitters can be equipped with a 4" or 5" hydraulic cylinder.
The 4" cylinder has a 3" rod and 26" stroke with a 5-second cycle time and 37,700 pounds of splitting force, while the 5" cylinder has a 3.5" rod and 26" stroke with a 7-second cycle time and 58,905 pounds of splitting force. Both have a 28 GPM pump flow driven by the 20 HP engine.
If you plan on splitting large blocks and can afford a slightly longer cycle time, the 5" cylinder is for you. If you want to maximize your cord output and work with smaller logs, the 4" cylinder is a solid choice for your firewood processing operation.
Quick Cycle Time = Higher Cord per Hour Output
As shown in the image to the right, a regen manifold doesn't look like much but produces big results when equipped to an Alpha Series log splitter.
Located near the wood splitter's cylinder, the regen manifold routes hydraulics in a more efficient manner. This creates a regenerative cycle, which allows the rod to extend from the cylinder more rapidly using the same pump flow.
In simple terms, this little block drastically reduces the time it takes for the cylinder to complete a cycle, so you can split more wood in less time.