- A new breed of Timberwolf processors, the Pro-MP is a portable firewood processor that shares the powerful features of its older brother, the Pro-HD wood processor.
- The Pro-MP features Timberwolf's patented top roll clamping system and hourglass-shaped back roller, allowing the mobile firewood processor to cut and split logs as long as 32' and as wide as 24" in diameter.
- This $40,000 wood processor can handle the same sized logs as a $100,000 commercial processor, making it the best firewood processor for the money.
- The functions of the wood processor are controlled by simple, manual valves. The automatic firewood processor has manual autocycle as well. Cutting, splitting, and selling firewood has never been this easy and manageable.
- Firewood processors are often a pain to get set up in the right location, so once they are set up, they usually stay there. This isn't a big issue until you are wasting miles on your logging truck just getting logs to the processor. With the Pro-MP, this is an issue of the past. The Pro-MP weighs in at 5,500 pounds and is easily towable by any half-ton truck.
- The firewood processor runs on a 25 HP Kawasaki 2-cylinder 800 cubic centimeter carbureted engine. The hydraulics of the Pro-MP are driven by a Danfoss hydraulic motor that receives 28 GPM and spins at 6,000 RPM.
- A 28 GPM Hi-low pump drives a 4" or 5" cylinder, resulting in a 5-second cycle time with the 4" cylinder and a 7-second cycle time with the 5" cylinder.
- A 4-Way or 6-Way Wedge can be equipped to the mobile firewood processor. The hydraulic wedge lift in combination with the design of the Pro-MP allows easy access to the splitting chamber for re-splits.
- The Pro-MP comes standard with a 12' long by 6' wide live deck. The raising and lowering of the live deck is facilitated by a hydraulic lift cylinder, so a single person can set up and pack up this wood processor.
- A large 30-gallon thermodynamically efficient hydraulic tank ensures cool operating conditions that extend the life of the processor's hydraulic components.
- The Pro-MP can output a cord or more per hour, dependent on the size and quality of the logs used, as well as the experience of the operator.
Wedge Options for Every Operation
All of our wedges measure 21" wide with a 1" thick centerpiece that will split the gnarliest logs. Split logs cleanly and quickly with any of our log processor wedge options.
A 6-Way Wedge is shown here.
Patented Top Roll Clamping System
Standard on Timberwolf's Pro-HD Series processors, the top roll clamping is featured on the Pro-MP. The top roll clamping system applies 1,000 pounds of downward pressure on forward-moving logs, which secures the logs and eliminates the need for the saw to re-engage the log after the initial contact.
The top roll clamping system is also a major reason why the cheap firewood processor can process logs as long as 32'. Plus, back-and-forth adjustments are simple with the log secured by the top roll clamp.
Back Roller for Longer Log Processing
With the Pro-MP wood processor's back roller, it's now possible to handle 32-foot-long logs. An hourglass-shaped roller with large teeth is located at the end of the machine, enhancing the traction of forward-moving logs. This feature reduces operator intervention and results in easy firewood processing.
3-Strand Live Deck with Hydraulic Lift
The Pro-MP has a 12' long by 6' wide 3-stand live deck with a full roller chain, idler, and driven sprockets, so it can guide monster logs onto the feed trough with ease. The live deck can be raised and lowered using a hydraulic lift cylinder.
So, at the end of a long day of processing wood, all operators have to is pull a lever and insert a few pins.
Cylinder Options for All Operations
A 28 GPM Hi-low pump drives either a 4" or 5" cylinder that pushes cut logs through a 4-Way or 6-Way Wedge. The 4" cylinder has a 5-second cycle time and the 5" cylinder has an 8-second cycle time, but the 5" cylinder offers a greater splitting force.
So, if you plan on splitting smaller logs, the 4" cylinder will handle them and do so quickly, but operators planning to split gnarly logs may prefer the 5" cylinder.
Healthy Hydraulics for Years to Come
Hydraulic fluid drives powerful splitting forces, but it can also cause breaks in production when overheated, and disrupt splitting when not filtered properly.
The Pro-MP firewood processor has an oversized 30-gallon thermodynamically efficient hydraulic tank that ensures cool operating conditions, therefore extending the life of the mobile processor's hydraulic components.
The Ultimate Mobile Firewood Processor
Yes, most firewood processors on the market have a ball hitch coupler, but that doesn't necessarily make them easy to move around; they are heavy, large, and ultimately, a hassle.
Transporting the Pro-MP is simple, as it has small dimensions and a weight of only 5,500 pounds. Any half-ton truck can move the towable firewood processor from one spot to another, or even miles down the road.
All Timberwolf firewood machines use Continental hoses to route the flow of hydraulic functions. We use Continental hoses because of their heavy-duty rubber construction, abrasion and kink resistance, and, most importantly, their ability to withstand high pressure fluids.
Customer safety is a top priority for us, so we use the highest quality materials to ensure your safety.
Easy Wedge Adjustments
With the Pro-MP firewood processor's hydraulic wedge lift operators can raise and lower their 4 or 6-Way Wedge from the operator's panel. This function eliminates the need for operators to manually change the wedge height or change out the wedge altogether.
Plus, operators can move the wedge out of the way when reaching into the splitting chamber in order to handle logs.